Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2003 6:26:38 PM EDT

We are seeing the surplus arms from expired armies of old countries and such. So whats next?

Will there even be much of a market, or at least one as large as this once these military arms run out of supply?
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 6:56:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Good question, I'd like to know what's next also.

For long guns we might eventually run out as starting in the late 50's early 60's a lot of countries were switching to select fire weapons. AK, M14, FAL, M-16, etc.
Right now we're into getting WWII & Korea era rifles. That might be as far as things go for collectors.

I'm curious to hear other's opinions.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 10:13:10 PM EDT
[#2]
theres still alot of pistols.

Link Posted: 10/9/2003 10:14:16 PM EDT
[#3]
The new Shotgun News has an article featuring a tour of Centuries warehouse and CETME production area.

The article pretty much infers that remanufacturing stuff like CETME's is the future of milsurp.

I don't want anything that Centuries wizards have fooled with.

Dennis Jenkins
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 11:57:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

The article pretty much infers that remanufacturing stuff like CETME's is the future of milsurp.

C&R milsurp, or just regular milsrup?
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 7:01:32 AM EDT
[#5]
You mean newly declared C&R stuff based on age or newly found stores/supplies of older weapons?   Problem with "new" C&R stuff, is that post WWII, most military arms started to become select fire, so we won't be able to get our hands on any foreign stuff or domestic not already registered.  Most completely new military arms will likely be pistols, which of course are generally issued in much smaller numbers than rifles.

Rocko
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 9:48:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Those Century CETME's were originally full auto.  That's why they have to remanufactured with USA internals and and maybe a USA receiver so that they are NOT once a machine gun always a machine gun.

I don't know what C&R surplus is still out there but I bet there is not that much.

I'm not good at all at predicting the future.  The Shotgun News article seemed to be saying the future is remanufacturing stuff.  I don't know. <G>

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
You mean newly declared C&R stuff based on age or newly found stores/supplies of older weapons?   Problem with "new" C&R stuff, is that post WWII, most military arms started to become select fire, so we won't be able to get our hands on any foreign stuff or domestic not already registered.  Most completely new military arms will likely be pistols, which of course are generally issued in much smaller numbers than rifles.

Rocko

Link Posted: 10/10/2003 3:45:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I think we are nearing the end of the Milsurp phase and entering a Golden Age for C&R.

While Milsurp may be fading, all those companies that had ramped up production for the war effort were turning their attention to the civilian population. The late 40s, the 50s and the 60s were a time when it was still human labor that went into making a gun, not all machine. Some of the finest guns of all time were made during that period and over the next few decades, they will all be C&R.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top