Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2003 2:13:03 PM EDT
Good news: a friend of mine got his first AR-15. Its a Bushmaster M4A2 with a fixe telestock.
Bad news: he lives behind enemy lines! He lives in New Jersey.
Anyway he wants the 30rd mag look. Kinda like we have the fixed telestock. Does any company make a 10rd mag that looks like a 30rd mag? Ex. like Auto Ordnance makes a drum for the Thompson the holds 10 but looks like a 50rd drum. Or can he plug an exsiting 30rd mag? If yes does the plug have to be a permanent plug or is a temporary plug ok? Thanks
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 4:14:44 PM EDT
[#1]
He can temporarily block a 20 or 30 round magazine down to 15 rounds or less.  This can be easily accomplished by sticking something insde the spring that is the right length.  Piece of wood, a dowel, whatever as long as it gets you down to 15 or less and doesn't get hung up in the spring.  Its usually a bit of trial and error to get something the right length...
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 4:16:39 PM EDT
[#2]
NJ being the asshole state that they are, I'd bet the mag has to be permanently plugged. They are total assholes in that state.
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 4:17:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh yeah, tell him to get on the board and into the Hometown forum with the rest of us NJ pukes!  We have a regular group shoot (the NJ BLAST shoots, look for a thread in there) and he should definitely come out one time!
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 4:18:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
NJ being the asshole state that they are, I'd bet the mag has to be permanently plugged. They are total assholes in that state.

Well, many thanks from asshole #112,934.
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 1:02:12 AM EDT
[#5]
FMJunkie a temporary plug is ok in NJ? He was also saying that NJ is limited to 10rds but it is 15rds? And as far as the dowel goes, does the mag spring rest on it or does it fit in the middle of the mag spring? Kinda like an old shotgun plug. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 5:55:03 AM EDT
[#6]
The limit is definitely 15 rounds.  You can look on www.njsp.org for more info on gun laws.  (look for the firearms info page)

A dowel or piece of wood or even an empty ball point pen should go inside the mag spring.  I've seen a lot of things used as blocks...  

You best bet is to post a thread over in the NY/NJ hometown forum asking for ideas on blocking.  You will get many responses with creative solutions to our annoying little problem.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top