Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2003 4:33:33 PM EDT
I was thinking of getting one it sure is a nice looking gun with all the brass and stuff looks very well made. How does it compare to say the Marlin 1894 in 44 magnum? I know its much more money.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 4:45:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Never seen one before, got a link to some pics?
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 5:09:21 PM EDT
[#2]
It has the same "weakness" the original had, the open slot in the magazine tube.  
You have to take care not to bend it, not to allow the feed piece to get stopped by your hand, and keep dirt out of it.

Power-wise, it's much less powerful than the .44 Magnum, and the Henry action cannot be  stressed by any type of hot loads.  Standard .44/40 ammo ONLY.

As a rifle IT'S A HOOT.  There's just something about shooting a Henry, and it always draws attention at the range.
Most of them are very accurate, and they're top quality.  They're good even at the steep prices.

The Marlin is stronger, a more modern design, better suited for hunting or as a knock-around gun, and certainly cheaper.

The Henry is just more fun to own and shoot.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 5:12:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice gun, would make a great Christmas present
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 5:28:28 PM EDT
[#4]
The Henry Big Boy, made by Henry Repeating Arms of Brooklyn New York is chambered in .44 Mag/ .44 Special. WWW.henryrepeating.com MIKE.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 1:57:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I have no experience with their .44 but their rimfires are second rate rifles made from cheap and weak materials.

They look nice but they are not well built.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top