Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/10/2003 3:08:55 PM EDT
Sometimes at gun shows I have seen individuals walking around with signs on guns that are for sale. I am thinking of taking a rifle out to a gunshow with the intention of selling to another individual. Is it still legal to do that? Am I required by law to do anything? Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 4:35:20 PM EDT
Check the laws in your locality. It can vary greatly, even within the same state. Here in FL it can vary by county - some would allow what you want to do, others would not.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 4:41:58 PM EDT
In Ky it is perfectly legal. What are you selling? No paperwork at all.

Bob

Link Posted: 9/10/2003 4:43:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 4:50:00 PM EDT
I am thinking of taking my Daewoo DR200 to Knob Creek when they have the machine gun shoot. I haven't decided whether I want to part with it yet.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 1:49:01 AM EDT
Typically there is a big gun show in Louisville on the same weekend as Knob Creek shoot. I think you would be better selling the Dawoo there as that rifle might be a bit to civilized for the Knob Creek croud.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 4:35:30 AM EDT
I've done it several times down here in Al, I fix up a flag attached to the barrel about 12"x12" with what it is and asking price, trade option, and always a make offer option. Do it in large printed letters easily seen from a distance. I've always sold or traded every time.

rk
Top Top