Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2003 5:36:41 AM EDT
Just curious.  One of my buds has a HK-33 (sear gun) and it is a blast to shoot.  Very accurate and very reliable.  HK was allready tooled up to make 33s but I guess they developed the 36 and went that route.  I'm just wondering why HK has gone away from using the Delayed Roller action.  Hopefully with HK opening a plant in Georgia and maybe if the another ban isn't put in place then we could possibly have some long guns coming from HK for us lowly civilians.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 7:47:18 AM EDT
[#1]
im no expert on either weapons, but the goverments of the mordern world are always looking for the next better more modern thing. i dotn know alot about the 33, but if it is what im thinking the 36 is probly lighter, and may be more accurate. "better?" is a question we can rarly answer, but more modern the 36 certianly is.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 2:26:02 PM EDT
[#2]
That's kinda what I thought.  The G36 is lighter and probably cheaper to manufacter plus it is a more mordern weapon.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 8:39:56 PM EDT
[#3]
G36, from what I hear, is cleaner and more reliable.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 11:39:57 PM EDT
[#4]
The 36 stays alot cleaner in the field, its hard to get it dirty and it doesn't foul with powder like the roller locked guns do.  Also, it weighs alot less, weight was a big downfall of the 33--it makes it a smooth shooter with little recoil, but you wouldn't want to hump one around 12 hours a day for a couple of years.  This is why they started making the "HK53" short barrel conversions, to try and lighten the gun so it could compete with the lighter M16 series.  Also, the G36 is less expensive, which does matter--that's why the G41, which I think was the pinnacle of the roller locked guns, was ultimately a failure: it was a $2200 gun back when NIB Colt M16s were selling for $800 to military forces all over the world, and it really didn't do a whole lot that the 16 couldn't.  The 36 is much more cost effective.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top