Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2003 6:22:32 PM EDT
Any left-handed shooters ever been hit in the face w/flying casings? Only thing I've seen that would be a definite problem are bullpup rifles.....
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 10:28:05 PM EDT
[#1]
No problem with anything I've shot.
The deflector on my ARs is doing its job.

2 ARs, 10/22, Rem 7400, M1 Garand,
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 10:56:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I've taken a couple of pieces in the face from my AR180B. To correct this problem I cut two coils off of the ejector spring, changing the ejection path from a 5 o'clock to a 2 o'clock.
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 7:07:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I also shoot left handed and have shot several semi-auto shot guns and rifles and have not had any truble with casings hitting my face.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 8:28:33 AM EDT
[#4]
No problem yet, but, did buy a DPMS left handed ar15 which takes care of that and it works great...
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 10:40:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Buy an AR with the brass deflector built in.  I have shot tons of stuff and I'm left handed.

The only problems, Sling points on an MP-5 and quite a bit of the German equipment are all right handed only. Most tactical/side sling stocks are for righties. Clearing a jam on an MP-5 is a bitch for lefties.

Some pistols, namely Sig products hard hard to use controls for lefties.

Benelli shotguns have reversable safeties, warn you right handed friends, when they grip your lefty gun they can accidentally move the safety without noticing.

Shooting some subguns, especially open bolt guns can result in a face full of burnt powder and splatter, wear your shooting glasses.

I try and shoot mostly right-handed stuff except bolt rifles.  It helps to be used to the controls.

I do want a Randall "Port-sider", it was a reversed 1911 pistol from the 70's that never really took off.  I think it would be fun to loan it to folks without saying anything and let them figure out the problems.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 5:08:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Only one brass from M1A some months ago. I polish the ejector and now....No problem !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top