Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2003 11:13:05 AM EDT
I'm seriously looking into buying an M11/9 in the near future. What uppers are coming out for it? And also, anything I should look out for when buying the M11?
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 11:37:19 AM EDT
I had one of the M11 carbines for a bit...got rid of it.

It was nice enough for a cheap plinker I guess...problem was, if you tried to slowly pull the trigger (as if you were actually trying to be accurate), mine would basically spin into full-auto for a few seconds. I could repeat 5 round bursts from it. Either it's trigger is really that shitty, or someone "played" with it's hammer/trigger/sear. Either way..I got rid of it. It's easy, simple, idiot-proof, probably pretty easy to keep running, and reliable...but since I don't live in a CIII state and can't buy a full-auto one, I gave it up cause it's just too "dangerous" (more to my liberty than to myself )
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 11:54:37 AM EDT
Oh, I ment a full auto M11. The REAL deal. I live in a C3 state, Indiana. I was just wondering what these uppers were that I have been hearing about these last few days.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 12:50:48 PM EDT
Oh! In that case, never mind I'll go and shut up now.

Link Posted: 8/17/2003 1:23:54 PM EDT
I have one. Richard Lage makes a very nice carbine upper but it is still 9mm. There is supposed to be a belt fed version out soon but I think the upper itself is in the $6000.00 range.

I have a heavy 10" barreled upper with a shroud on it for heat control. It is my mag-dumo upper. Lots of fun. The standard upper I use for the can. Be sure and wear eye protection when using the can. A lot of stuff comes back.

Bob
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 6:48:08 PM EDT
Bill Flemming is back in business doing his .22 sub-cal kits for the M11. I had one of the early ones (from before he went to prison) and it was a dog. I think he's got most of the bugs worked out this time though.

There are also the Socom uppers. An RPD upper conversion unit for about $6k and an M249 SAW upper conversion unit for about $15k. As far as I know, neither have hit the street yet, though the RPD unit is supposed to be the first out.

Other than those, there are also side-cocking uppers, slow-fire uppers, uppers with HK sights, and longer barreled uppers - all only in 9mm.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 6:04:15 AM EDT
How can ONLY the upper cost 15k?! Hell, a RR M16A2 costs less. I could get an M16A1, with a Shrike, couldn't I, for less or about the same?
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 6:45:14 AM EDT

Originally Posted By GuitarSlinger66:
How can ONLY the upper cost 15k?! Hell, a RR M16A2 costs less. I could get an M16A1, with a Shrike, couldn't I, for less or about the same?

Thats exactly how I see it, but apparently some people want something closer to an M249 than just an M16 and a Shrike. FWIW, M249 kits are about $5k so there's about $10k of labor and profit built in there.
Top Top