Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2003 11:13:05 AM EDT
I'm seriously looking into buying an M11/9 in the near future. What uppers are coming out for it? And also, anything I should look out for when buying the M11?
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 11:37:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I had one of the M11 carbines for a bit...got rid of it.

It was nice enough for a cheap plinker I guess...problem was, if you tried to slowly pull the trigger (as if you were actually trying to be accurate), mine would basically spin into full-auto for a few seconds. I could repeat 5 round bursts from it. Either it's trigger is really that shitty, or someone "played" with it's hammer/trigger/sear. Either way..I got rid of it. It's easy, simple, idiot-proof, probably pretty easy to keep running, and reliable...but since I don't live in a CIII state and can't buy a full-auto one, I gave it up cause it's just too "dangerous" (more to my liberty than to myself )
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 11:54:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh, I ment a full auto M11. The REAL deal. I live in a C3 state, Indiana. I was just wondering what these uppers were that I have been hearing about these last few days.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 12:50:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh! In that case, never mind I'll go and shut up now.

Link Posted: 8/17/2003 1:23:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one. Richard Lage makes a very nice carbine upper but it is still 9mm. There is supposed to be a belt fed version out soon but I think the upper itself is in the $6000.00 range.

I have a heavy 10" barreled upper with a shroud on it for heat control. It is my mag-dumo upper. Lots of fun. The standard upper I use for the can. Be sure and wear eye protection when using the can. A lot of stuff comes back.

Bob
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 6:48:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Bill Flemming is back in business doing his .22 sub-cal kits for the M11.  I had one of the early ones (from before he went to prison) and it was a dog.  I think he's got most of the bugs worked out this time though.

There are also the Socom uppers.  An RPD upper conversion unit for about $6k and an M249 SAW upper conversion unit for about $15k.  As far as I know, neither have hit the street yet, though the RPD unit is supposed to be the first out.

Other than those, there are also side-cocking uppers, slow-fire uppers, uppers with HK sights, and longer barreled uppers - all only in 9mm.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 6:04:15 AM EDT
[#6]
How can ONLY the upper cost 15k?! Hell, a RR M16A2 costs less. I could get an M16A1, with a Shrike, couldn't I, for less or about the same?
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 6:45:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
How can ONLY the upper cost 15k?! Hell, a RR M16A2 costs less. I could get an M16A1, with a Shrike, couldn't I, for less or about the same?

Thats exactly how I see it, but apparently some people want something closer to an M249 than just an M16 and a Shrike.  FWIW, M249 kits are about $5k so there's about $10k of labor and profit built in there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top