Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2003 8:24:05 AM EDT
can i legally sell my kit gun? (i dont actually want to, im just wondering)
im pretty sure i can just like any other private sale, right?
how long do you have to own a gun before you can sell it w/o getting into trouble?
is there a limit of guns per yr you can sell?

anybody shed some light on this?

can i type ant thing without putting a question mark at the end???

thanks?
davidp14?
??????????????????????????????????????????????
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 8:10:18 PM EDT
[#1]
From what I understand (although I may be wrong so don't quote me) you can sell it (provided your state doesn't have anything specific against it) just as long as you're not mass producing kit guns and selling them for profit.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 4:33:47 AM EDT
[#2]
selling them for profit means making them for the sole porpuse of making money right. i can put a price on my time,sweat and tears right?

i was thinking of buying a couple of kits in the furture and building them and then keep them for a while, but wehn it was time to find another kit to build id sell the built ones in order to finance the new project.  nothing wrong with that right?
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 5:18:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I believe alot of it has to do with intent, which of course is a very subjective/grey area.  I believe if you are not building with the intent to sell, you are in the clear.  However, your description of the scenerio does seem to show you are building with at least some intent to sell - I would recommend against doing what you are proposing.  

Not to mention, home builds really don't tend to sell for all that much more than the cost of the components, especially online.  To many unknown factors and potential problems to make it attractive to a buyer.  So... not only are you toeing the legal line, but you probably aren't going to do much better than break even.

If you are looking for ways to make some extra $$$ to fund fund future kit purchases, you may just want to buy whatever the cheap "kit of the day" is today, wait until supplies dry up and sell for a bit more on the secondard market, then buy the next "kit of the day".   However, this is an iffy proposition as well, because you never know what is going to come in next - could simply be more of what you already have, at a cheaper price.

Rocko
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 2:55:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 5:48:37 AM EDT
[#5]
OK.

i didnt think it would really be kosher.
besides i couldnt dream of selling   the two guns that ive built already anyway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top