Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/17/2003 10:49:54 PM EDT
I'm looking at doing a 221/? whisper setup on a Remington action. I need to know if any 223 short action will fit any Remington short action stock, such as the Model 7 Youth 223 action fitting a short action VSSF stock? Because the angle of the trigger gaurd and floor plates on the two rifles appearing to be different i wonder if the actions would interchange? How hard is it to debarrel and barrel a bolt action? And, i need to know where to get a rifled Remington 308 barrel with action threads but not chambered so i could chamber it for 221. There probably isnt such a thing but if yall could give me some info i would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks,
Jeremy
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 5:27:36 AM EDT
I'm not an expert but since noone else has replied I'll give my 2 cents.

I believe Rem. short action they use for the .223 is the same short action they use for the .308. I do not know how interchangeable the components are from Model 7 to 700. It may be an issue where you can mix and match parts to end up with a combination that works.

With the proper tools it is not that hard to rebarrel a bolt action but it also takes some knowledge. If you are asking you would probably be better served to take it to a gunsmith. In the end it will be cheaper.

The barrel will be available as a blank from any barrel mfg. but I do not not know about threaded but unchambered.

Kent
Top Top