Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2003 12:15:05 PM EDT
The current rifle is as follows:

Ranch model, wood stock, blued barrel, 6 John Masen 30-rounders.

The following will be added shortly:

-Scout-type forward sight rail with Trijicon   Special Forces model

-Muzzle brake/flash hider (John Masen model, improves accuracy)

-Factory synthetic stock, fiberglass bedded

-Tactical nylon sling

Since this rifle was a gift, my investment so far is just for ammo.  I feel justified spending 600 dollars.  Any ideas as far as refinishing the blued barrel?
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 3:24:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Ok, well I guess not...  LoL  Thanks fer lookin' anyways.

[beer}
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 6:52:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Why not have the whole thing parkerized?  It would be a tough finish and a unique look.  You might also think about cutting a touch off the barrel to make it even more unique.  Check out:  perfectunion.com  for more mini info.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 9:31:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Why not skip the muzzle brake (unless it is just a brake, and not a flash hider), and gain more improvement in accuracy, as well as ergonomics, by adding the Choate Pistol Grip stock?

http://www.perfectunion.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5530

A Mini-14 makes a nice behind-the-seat-of-the-pickup gun, esp stainless.

Galati International MP30 Mag Pouch, $20.
A few more 30 rounders (I like PMI, but have not used the Masens, understand they are OK).

Buffer Technologies buffer (protects optics)

EOTech Tactical!  I have these on some of my AR's.

$200 (appx) for a Birdsong Black-T or Green-T finish.  They do EVERYTHING except the bore and chamber.  I have seen pics of a guy firing a Tommy Gun and a M-4 with NO OIL.  This finish is very lubricous.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 10:02:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Free_Man, the Birdsong Black-T, I assume that is a type of finish for the rifle?  Would you happen to have an hyperlink handy for that?

As far as mags go, the John Masen's have worked without a hitch during the 500 rounds of Olympic (NPA 01) 55 grain.  Is there a way to load magazines via stripper clip through the breech of the gun?  Thanks again for all of the info, this board is a breath of fresh air.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 10:08:24 PM EDT
[#5]
PS- Free_Man, those are some nice mini's!!!
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 9:38:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks.

No, but you can load the mags with strippers via the M16 stripper clip guide.  You have to bend it a little with pliers to make it fit the mag right, but it does work.

Birdsong does not have a website, as far as I know.  They do the whole gun.  You ship it to them, they take it down, degrease, do any prep work, and apply the black or green T.

Walter Birdsong (601) 939-7448

Shipping Address:

W.E. Birdsong & Associates, Inc
1435 Monterey Road
Florence, MS  39073-9748

These prices are a couple years old:

Military-Type & Full Auto Rifles -  smaller than .50BMG, Submachine Guns, Machine-Pistols
$200

Extra Magazines
$15 ea

That price is for the whole gun, every part and pin.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 11:53:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Cheaper Than Dirt has factory Ruger Mini-14 stripper clip guides that work with M-16 stripper clips.

-Charging Handle
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 12:04:19 AM EDT
[#8]
 Wolff extra power recoil spring will reduce felt recoil and lock time, also guy over at perfectunion.com sells gas bushings that reduce recoil and distance of thrown brass.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top