Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/14/2003 4:51:04 PM EDT
Hello! I just purchased a DAEWOO DR-200 and am in need of FCG parts, and comparing them side by side to my AR-15 they seem very similar.

Are they interchangable?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 9:57:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Daewoo was the South Korean manufactor of the M16A1s issused to the ROK army. If I remember correctly, when Daewoo developed the K1 series rifles to replace the M16s, they borrowed the best features of the M16 and the AK. Mostly likely the FCG is AR15 spec parts on the DR200.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 9:50:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I replaced the stock on my DR200 (which a friend now owns) with an ACE skeleton stock/PG, and it came with a replacement hammer...an M16 hammer. The only FCG part that won't interchange would be the selector, IIRC. Btw, if yours still has the thumbhole stock, the ACE skeleton stock would be the first thing I bought for it, other than the parts you already need. It'll make it a little more nose-heavy, but it's a hell of a lot more comfortable, and looks even better.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 5:31:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I remember examining a Daewoo DR200 some years ago, and was worried about getting parts.  The shop owner and I compared the parts to those in our AR15's, and concluded that the parts most likely to need replacing could be done so with AR parts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top