Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2003 9:45:01 AM EDT
I will be attending Colorado School of Mines this August, and am taking my AR15 with me. Does anyone know about the outdoor ranges in the Denver area?
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 12:01:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Left hand canyon in Boulder. If you want to drive a little father, then Deckers or The Grass lands.

As for public ranges, Cherry Creek range (300 gunsmith) is the only public range left in Denver.  

P.S. Go to the Hometown forum (last button on the right under communities bar) and look under Colorado for a list of some other places.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 7:36:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info.

Is this Left Hand Canyon a gun club type thing? Or just an area where people shoot independently?
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 7:39:17 PM EDT
[#3]
howdy,

stop by the colorado site and pay us a visit, links, info and more:

Colorado AR15 website

also, more info here:

Colorado State Shooting Association
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 11:09:02 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks for the info.

Is this Left Hand Canyon a gun club type thing? Or just an area where people shoot independently?

Left hand canyon is the most dangerous unregulated "range" that I have ever been to. I was there when someone literally shot their thumb off. Kind of funny in retrospect, but we packed up and got the hell out of there. If you go too late the drunken hicks start to show up.

OTOH - I go there all the time so it can't be that bad. LOL.

Do drop by the Colorado hometown site here as well. I am up at CU-Boulder and would be happy to show you where Lefthand is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top