Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/10/2003 10:06:33 AM EDT
Well, the topic says it all. Has anyone here put a red dot type scope on a Ruger PC9 rifle? I want to add one to mine, but the rifle only has ruger scope mount grooves, not Weaver rails.

Ideas?
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 10:18:41 AM EDT
You have to have Ruger rings. I had a 1" tube red dot site on my PC9 (sold it, sob, sob). It was the type of red dot that does not have an integral base. I can't remember the brand. I had to add the sun shade to make it fit in the rings lengthwise. Worked great. Ruger also makes 30mm rings.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 9:13:25 AM EDT
You do have to buy either Ruger-type rings, or I believe Brownell's sells a Weaver-type base that attaches to the ring attachment points on the receiver.

When shopping for Ruger rings, there are two types: the kind for the M77 (where one ring is higher than the other) and the other kinds for everything else (where both rings are equal height).

I found some medium height Redfield rings on Ebay for like $12.00 and slapped on a $30 Tasco red dot. The rings were a bit high but it was a great combination. The PC9 is the perfect carbine for a red dot.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 2:06:36 PM EDT
I think I am going to have to do the same as you did and find some rings and a scope that will fit. Midway has a few good candidates for not a lot of money. Thanks for the help!
Top Top