Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2003 6:21:09 AM EDT
Got this 410 double barrel shotgun at a yard sale yesterday.  Thought it was pretty neat.  The barrel measures about 18" and total length is about 31". The stock folds up underneath it and measures about 21" folded.  It has stamped on it Leinad Ducktown TN and has mod/DS 410, whish must be the model number.  Anybody seen one of these and know anything about it?

Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:22:08 AM EDT
[#1]
i have seen them. thier sort of an extention of the cobray/leinad 45LC/410 derringers that can be had on the auction sites for about 50$. do you mind if i ask what you paid for it?
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:18:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, that's a Cobray - or one of I think 2 other companies that make them.  I've never seen one that long though.  Most I have seen are in pistol configuration and I have never seen a stock like that.

If you go to Gunbroker.com there are people selling them as kit guns all the time.  Configurations I can recall are:

single shot .45/.410
double barrel .45/.410
0ver/under .22/.410
.22 revolver (six barrels that you rotate by hand)

You may be able to buy one or more of those kits and use your frame as long as it uses the same breech face and hammer.  Probably just the double barrel pistol would work.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:28:13 AM EDT
[#3]
That is fugly
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 1:27:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

You may be able to buy one or more of those kits and use your frame as long as it uses the same breech face and hammer.  Probably just the double barrel pistol would work.

One problem though.  Using one of those derringer kits with his frame would be illegal.  Short barreled shotgun/rifle etc.  I'm assuming that this was made & sold as a shotgun & didn't start out as a DIY "kit".  The Thompson Contender has the same legal pitfalls....don't put a 12" pistol barrel on your Contender carbine frame, but putting a 16" carbine barrel on your Contender pistol frame is ok.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 1:45:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Good point.  I know that, but didn't think of it at the time.  

If there are no serial numbers on the frame, then I'd bet on it being a DIY kit - which may be a legal mess....  On the one hand, if it's a DIY, you can reconfigure it to a pistol.  On the other hand, if it is a DIY, I believe the person who made it cannot sell it.?
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 5:23:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
i have seen them. thier sort of an extention of the cobray/leinad 45LC/410 derringers that can be had on the auction sites for about 50$. do you mind if i ask what you paid for it?

Give $60 for it.  Looks to be in real good shape.  
and yes it has serial numbers on the frame and from the model number, DS/410, I would assume the DS means doublebarrel shotgun.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 2:40:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Done a search on Cobray/Leinad and came up with this interesting info on how it came to be and who started the company.  The third paragraph from the end refers to the Leinad company.
www.mac10.org/macman.html

Just thought I'd share the info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top