Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/20/2003 4:44:20 PM EDT
I know, I know, never ever sell a gun no matter what, but I really, really want; No need a .50 cal rifle. I can't possibly afford another gun on a students budget So I have been contemplating selling off my postban Bushmaster shorty and most regretably of all my HK Tac.. I haven't made up my mind yet but was wondering how much do you think I can get for them?
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:39:12 PM EDT
"...HK Tac.."

What's that?
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:58:43 PM EDT
It's an HK USP45 with an extended 5" threaded barrel, target sights, and competition trigger. Although I replaced the target sights with ghost ring night sights. It's frikken sweet!
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 1:56:25 AM EDT
Playing devils advocate......I've been to a few "estate" gun auctions where the sellers are the women whom are still alive and ALL THEY WANT IS THE $$$$$. The various ORIGIONAL COLT peacemakers, most collectable of all held about 1/4 to 1/3 of their BOOK value. But I'd think you'd be able to do better.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 2:17:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/21/2003 2:18:58 AM EDT by coltcarbine]
ok, ok, i'll be the first goober to say, "check the EE board" for a price comparison.

now, on to a more important fact......

DON'T SELL YOUR BUSHY AR!
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:04:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/21/2003 7:06:20 AM EDT by M4Madness]
Tac45, you know you'd have to change your screen name if you sold the HK.

I own one of the Tacticals myself and wouldn't dream of parting with it. In fact, I'm getting ready to put a can on it once I rake up the cash and get my paperwork in order.

As for values, I usually end up selling my firearms for around 3/4 value. That usually moves them pretty quickly. Mine are always top notch and some have been sold unfired. I've only sold firearms to get others. I've never sold one without purchasing another to replace it. I paid $894 + $25 shipping and $20 transfer for a total of $939 my HK, so I figure $700 would be a steal. As for the postban Bushmaster, I picked up a Bushmaster 20" A3 locally 2 years ago for $784 out-the-door and sold it still NIB a year later for $600.

So, I figure $1300 or so for the pair would move them very quickly. Note that this is not insulting you, just giving you an amount that should produce a sale pretty quickly. You may get more than that if you are patient and willing to wait on the right buyer. Good luck.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:15:43 AM EDT
i normally dont get envolved in these types of threads, but i gotta say, dont sell your guns. those are 2 sweet firearms. if you sell them, you still wont have enough for a high quality .50 by a significant ammount. you could afford the lower end stuff, but why trade 2 top notch guns for a low end. this doesnt even factor in optics, which will run you another $1000.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 10:36:04 AM EDT
if you can't afford the .50 without selling something else, then you won't be able to feed it very often. .50 ammo is expensive as well
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 1:07:54 PM EDT
IMHO if you can readily replace a gun it's fine to sell it. Obviously you can replace your postban B/M. I'm just not familiar with your HK but if it's readily replaceable then it's alright to sell it too.

Today you're suffering on a student's budget because you're preparing yourself for a brighter financial tomorrow. Do what you need to do today.

I was a collector for years (mostly ArmaLite) until I liquidated most of my collection last year - personal reasons that were oddly enough not financial. Had a good many guns acquired over time but the selling of only two guns gave me pain - an ArmaLite AR-18 machine gun 47 years old and NIB, pristine NIB, and an old Israeli sniper rifle and issued scope, a Mauser 66SP. Had I the inclination neither is readily replaceable. Still hurts some.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:51:48 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 5subslr5:
an ArmaLite AR-18 machine gun 47 years old and NIB, pristine NIB, and an old Israeli sniper rifle and issued scope, a Mauser 66SP. Had I the inclination neither is readily replaceable. Still hurts some.

could you clarify that some? especially the "had i the inclination" part. did you get a fair price for what you sold?
Top Top