Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2003 4:10:57 PM EDT
I bought one of these pre-ban about ten years ago thinking that this would be one of the guns that would absolutely be banned and never made again.  I have shot about 100 rounds through this thing and it is about the worst handling block of sheet metal you can imagine.  I have been offerred 500 bux for it but don't really want to give it up.  
I thought about making a carbine rifle out of it as long as I don't have to drill holes through the thing to make a stock fit.  Does anybody know if someone makes a carbine conversion for these things or should I just stick it back in the gun safe for 10 more years?
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 4:30:27 PM EDT
[#1]
There's a couple places that sell carbine uppers for them...isn't there a sling mount point or some such thing at the rear bottom of the reciever? That's where a stock would mount.

I had a pre-ban CM11 (carbine; detachable stock and 16" barrel"). It was...well, ok; you knew it'd work; it was too simple for it to NOT work. After it started double- and triple-tapping reliably, I got rid of it instead of bothering to work on it. (Yes, I told the person I sold it to that it does it. He didn't care, I guess.)

I wouldn't mind having a Class-III version of one, but that's impossible where I live. It'd never be more than a curiosity, either way...not something I'd bet the farm on if I had to. I have my HK94 for that
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 4:31:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Ummm, market value for that is like $350-$400... sell it for $500 and buy the post ban carbine for $225 if you want a carbine version...  Spend the extra money on more mags and ammo and have fun.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 5:54:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Let it sit for 10 more years.  It's a great conversation piece, however as you already know it sucks.

Sell it for 500 and buy more ammo or another rifle.  Thats what I did.

Max
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 4:19:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I also had a pair of Pre-ban M11/9 Cobrays.
One for each hand...
I bought vented scary looking bbl extensions for them both. Sold the pair to a friend of a friend for $1,000 back in 96'. Bought a Para-Ord P-10 with the $. I still haven't figured out which was the bigger POS....
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 4:26:36 PM EDT
[#5]
The Class III version is the cats ass.
I just sent mine off for the sten mag conversion. I agree, a semi version would be a bummer. Is it closed or open bolt? Open bolts carry a higher price. If it was me I would take the $500.00 and run.

Bob

Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:01:18 PM EDT
[#6]
If you get the screw on muzzle attachment with the nomex sleeve you can safely bump fire a semi...  or so I'm told...
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:46:50 PM EDT
[#7]
My only Class III is a 11/nine, and its been sitting at my buddy/dealer's house in Idaho for the past nine months. Only thing that would make it better is a .22lr conversion.

Had a semi, thinking of one again. Talk about the simple way to make a gun, and (hushes) easy to convert to its original tendancies. The M11/9 is the modern heir to the STEN.

Been thinking about a .45 cal version that takes grease gun mags. Someone makes a very nice example with Weaver rail and a side-cocker.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:51:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Original tendencies?  Sorry, that's an E ticket that I couldn;t afford to pay for... Full auto would be fun, but certain modifications will land you in federal prison for an extended stay...  No thanks.  Move to a state where class 3 is legal and you can get a full auto Mac for around $1,500 and no worries...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top