Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 8:29:01 AM EDT
[#1]
5sub,
I'm very well aware of that.  My response was mainly directed to PhilipK's statement of...

"Think about it, what Army/Navy still uses a M14 for anything but training?"

Yes, the military seems to be "phasing in" the AR10.  As far as I'm concerned that's great.  It's much easier to get a rifle on the AR platform to shoot well and keep it shooting well.  From what I hear, they're actively experimenting with the AR-10 platform chambered for the 6.5x284.  THAT should be awesome.

Rich
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 8:39:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Im curious as to who specifically in any branch of the military is using the AR10.  Does it have any sort of standard designation or an NSN number?  Have any contracts been awarded?  Im not buying any "thats not public information" explainations, because Knight's, who's bread and butter is military sales makes no bones about who uses the SR25/Mk 11 type O rifles (which are NSN'd in the military system).
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 9:08:30 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Im curious as to who specifically in any branch of the military is using the AR10.  Does it have any sort of standard designation or an NSN number?  Have any contracts been awarded?  Im not buying any "thats not public information" explainations, because Knight's, who's bread and butter is military sales makes no bones about who uses the SR25/Mk 11 type O rifles (which are NSN'd in the military system).

I am curious as well.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 10:41:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Well I know I never said anyone was definitively using it.  I said "experimenting".  Last I heard SOTIC was experimenting with the AR-10 in .260 and 6.5X284.

rich
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top