Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2003 2:26:18 PM EDT
Need to buy a large equipment bag for going to the range, what do you suggest?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 3:12:50 PM EDT
[#1]
This is the one I use from Uncle Mike's:

Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:09:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a basic sprots duffle from Sports Authority (a Sptg gds chain) and just throw everything in there.  I bought it to be just long enough to accept a:
Daewoo K2 folded
Rem 870 folded (top folder)
Bushmaster bullpup
AR in half
FAL in half

Can't get them all in there at the same time, but three of the above will fit.  It can get heavy, but it doesn't scream "gun" and just looks like a big gym bag even with an arsenal in it.

Ross
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:25:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Galiti Int'l large range bag
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:04:05 PM EDT
[#4]
A well made(your assessment) cheap $$ duffel bag from the local discount store.Why broadcast?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:25:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I was hoping to find an army surplus bag of some kind, it has to be big enough to hold, ammo- spotting scope- hart rifle rest and rear bag -cleaning supplies- magazines -clipboard-eye & ear protection, all the stuff needed in one bag.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 4:50:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I use one of those Bucket Boss brand tool bags and have found it works out very well.  It's roomy, has lots of pockets for accessories and cleaning supplies, and doesn't scream GUN during transport.  Between this and the toolbox AR-15 case, it looks like I'm going to a jobsite rather than the gun club.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:32:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Ditto on the Bucket Boss brand tool bags.  The GateMouth and SuperGateMouth work really well.  As well as some of the smaller versions if you like to separate things like cleaning gear and ammo.  Very good quality, heavy duty & durable.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 8:15:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Another vote for the Bucket Boss Gatemouth. Last Bulletfest mine held the following;
10 loaded 20 round M-14 mags
13 loaded 30 round M-16 mags
3 Loaded 20 round M-16 mags
12 Loaded 30 round M-1 carbine mags
3 Loaded 15 round M-1 carbine mags
3 Bando's for my M-1
9 loaded  7 round M1911 mags
7 loaded 15 round M5906 mags

They have plenty of interior and exterior pockets and wear like iron.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 10:31:00 AM EDT
[#9]
I just use a generic, large S&W shooting bag.  Its saving grace is that it was very inexpensive while being fairly well made.  It's functional but not optimal.  I use it to carry everything except rifles.  And ammo -- that's what ammo cans are for.

Here are the features I would like to have, and will require in my next range bag.

1) Somewhere between 5 and 8 pockets of varying sizes to store stuff like tools, oil, first aid kit, hand towel, recoil shield, etc.  Also one large pocket for empty brass.

2) A light-colored interior that will reflect light.  I HATE hunting around in a black bag for something, you need a damn flashlight to find what you're looking for even in broad daylight.

3) A nice heavy duty shoulder strap.  This can make the difference between one trip to the car and two trips.

4) I'd prefer either no logo on it, or one easily removed / covered.  Low profile.

The Gatemouth bags are nice but their interior pockets are pretty tiny.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:05:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Went to the local home center and checked out the big tool bags, like the Bucket Boss Gatemouth, seems like a good idea, very sturdy plenty of room, I like that suggestion.

Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 8:41:05 PM EDT
[#11]
I use a BagMaster pistol bag.  It was a gift but has been utterly indestructable and is large enough to hold everything I need except my long gun.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:48:18 AM EDT
[#12]
I´m using Israeli Paratroopers bag. Bought it from Middle- East ´95 and it has seen lots of use. Very rugged. It can easily hold my 20" Rock River and Bushmaster M4 with few hundreds of ammo and 12 30 round magazines. It can also take 2 cases of beer and change clothes for a week in Tel Aviv

MN

Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:58:06 AM EDT
[#13]
I use a deployment bag made by 10-8 gear.  It is the same bag that the SEAL team uses to go overseas.  The bag is 33inches long with three devided compartments, you can have all your gear in it plus it has a padded side pocket to hold a M4.  The bottom is made of a very tuff rubber type of material, one local SWAT team had all their breaching equipment in it and drag the bag on the asphalt for about a mile during an joint excerise, the bag held up like a champ. btw, it also has two handle on the each end of the bag. perfect for any deployment.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top