Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2003 2:11:06 PM EDT
I am not very familiar with the Daewoo rifle.  I recently saw a Daewoo DR200 with a side folding stock.  The stock folded to the left side of the receiver.

Can anyone tell me anything about this rifle?  The serial number was also very low...4 digit actual number (had a couple zero in front of number.)

It also did not have a bayonet lug.  The gas adjustment block also had a notch in it in the front.

edited to add: It was a .223 rifle.  Also, it was marked KIMBER and not B-West like the few others I have seen. (On the right side of the mag well)

The stock on it was made by something California or California something.  It was NOT an ACE stock.  The stock and pistol grip were also one piece with a really rough texture finish, but yet soft.

Thanks
TS
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 2:40:12 PM EDT
[#1]
The rifle actually looked very similar to the one pictured on this link.

www.geocities.com/Pentagon/7719/dr200/dr200characteristics.html
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:17:59 AM EDT
[#2]
All "DR-200" rifles are post-ban.  A folding stock would be illegal on that gun.

Pre-ban Daewoos of that model will be marked "K2" "Max-II" or "AR-100" depending on the importer. They came with a side folder as standard.  The side folder is a solid plastic stock, not a tube Galil-type.

Just check the markings.  If it's marked "DR-200" then it's a post-ban and can't have a folder.  Unlike some guns that can be confusing as to their pre/post status, there was a solid break in time between when the pre-bans were sold and the post-bans were.  It's either a pre-ban or a post-ban, no in between.

As a rifle they are a great one.  Basically an AR with AK gas system.  High-quality and used as the standard Infantry rifle of the ROK.  It's not some cheap rifle that's never been tested.  It's a great rifle pure and simple with many features that put an AR to shame.  

It takes M16 mags, but spare parts are next to impossible to get.  Lack of spares turns off many.  I have had a K2 forever and love the gun, but if it ever broke I'd have to have the part made.  

Ross
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top