Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2003 5:01:55 PM EDT
I have a lower and intend to buy an upper in the next couple of months.  Do I go ahead and get a preban with the assumption that the ban will sunset?

It seems a shame to buy a post ban now.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:03:00 PM EDT
[#1]
It's over a year away before we will know. That's a long time.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:03:21 PM EDT
[#2]

I'm in the same boat, except I'm looking for barrels.

I've got two builds nearly done, less barrel and stock.

I think I'll wait a while and see how things play out.  But, if by next spring, things look as good as they do now, I'm buying two preban barrels and a collapsable stock.  I figure is I wait until Sep. 13, there will be a HUGE backorder.

Besides, its easier to convert a preban barrel to postban, than vise-versa, should the ban be extended.

Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:13:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I would, but it's your life.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:24:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't feel like waiting!  I had to sell a lot of guns to pay bills and I'll only get to do this once in the next couple of years.  I have a 20" Colt now but I want a carbine!

At least to have one the gun rack while I'm watching BHD, FMJ etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top