Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2003 3:04:06 PM EDT
I just replaced the A2 stock on my AR15 with an older and shorter A1 stock.  The A2 buffer will not work in the A1 stock due to its length.  Does anyone know if the shorter buffer from a collapsable stock will function properly in an A1 stock.  If so, do I also use the shorter spring from the collapsable stock?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Jarhead1079
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 4:11:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe the buffer is the same in both stocks but the A2 uses a spacer(outside the tube) and longer screw. If you dont cut the screw or use a proper length A1 screw it wont function.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 4:25:26 PM EDT
[#2]
That must be the problem, the buffer is hitting the screw and preventing the bolt carrier from retracting all the way and locking open.

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 4:39:03 PM EDT
[#3]
The A1 and A2 stocks use the same buffer tube, buffer spring, and buffer, but:

A2 = requires a spacer on the end of the tube and a longer screw.

A1 = no spacer, shorter screw.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 6:50:21 AM EDT
[#4]
A1 length screws may be tough to find. I cut an A2 screw down with a Dremel.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 6:29:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Check CavArms. They make an A1 length stock. I bet they have the screwes.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:19:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Check CavArms. They make an A1 length stock. I bet they have the screwes.

they do, $40. http://www.cavalryarms.com/C1.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top