Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2003 7:02:02 PM EDT
As Uncle Sam wont pay me until after I get back to WA, I'm thinking of sweet talking the wife out of some funds for a sweet little Uzi copy I found at a local gun shop in AZ, but I need to know first if its worth the price asked or if I should just let it slip on by....asking is $499....too much? Good deal? What say the prudent shoppers?
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 9:16:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I didn't even know Norinco made an UZI copy. I'd be interested in hearing about the quality of this UZI myself.

I have two IMI UZI's that shoot and function great. One is a preban model A carbine with a 16" barrel. It was NIB with accessories and I traded two postban Olympic Arms rifles that I built myself and had $1025.00 invested in both rifles.

The other is an UZI pistol that I bought used at a gunshow for $1200.00. It looked like it was brand new and came with two 25 rnd mags. I know the price was a little high but they are few and far between around this area so I didn't mind paying a little extra since I've been wanting one forever.

If the Norinco is a good functioning UZI, I say go for it. Sounds like a fair price to me.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 10:08:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I've seen those ChinCom Uzis, the nut where you unscrew to remove the barrrel on a normal Uzi, on this copy, its been welded so you can't remove it. I wonder whats the idiotic logic from the govt that mandated this BS?
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 10:31:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, I've heard a lot of tales about the Norinco 320, and with how close IMI and Norinco have been working lately on larger projects, namely China's new strike-fighter being tested in Israel and armed with Israeli weapons, I'd tend to believe some of them.

The Norinco Mdl.320 is either a copyright violation that only was imported in small numbers before IMI got ticked and moved to stop the trade, or as the markings on this and other recievers I've seen, is actually an IMI weapon sent to China for assembily and finishing. I cant be sure but I seem to recall painted over hebrew characters on the back portion of this and other Mdl.320s I've seen.

Fit and finish are OK, think early 90s MAK90, its fitted with a queer little thumbhole stock, definitly the same orange wood as used on the MAK90. The pistol grip portion of the stock needs to be slimmed down some to be comfortable but due to the unique look I might just keep the rest of the wood.

I put the finance request to the wife last night and she said if her paycheck had the $300 I needed, it was mine. What a woman...
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:34:57 PM EDT
[#4]
i cant stand those little things. before you get one, handle it. the grip on most of them i have seen is so wide i can hardly hold it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 11:31:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey Matt, decided on a Saiga-12ga instead, half the price, far more practical, and more fun too. Thanks though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top