Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2003 2:10:52 PM EDT
I know this seems trivial, however on Battlerifles.com a year or so ago there was a real nice rest, mostly made of nylon w/a suede forearm holder. I bought one, but it was about the same price for the filler as the bag, so I put it off thinking I could do it cheaper. They (the vendor) are no longer there. I NEED to fill this bag with something "light", for a girl to use, NO SAND. It only has one gas nozel type male filler portal.ANY HINTS? TIA!
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:15:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Use those plastic pellets, used to fill bean bags and dolls,etc. You could probably find them at Walmart in their craft section or a local craft store might have it. Don't remember the exact name for them through.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:30:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Rice, kitty litter or beans
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 8:46:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Crushed corn cob.. the same stuff you use to clean brass with in a tumbler or vibrating cleaner.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:12:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Cedar chips. Smells good, too!
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 8:39:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Crushed corn cob.. the same stuff you use to clean brass with in a tumbler or vibrating cleaner.

Bingo! I have 5 GI sand abgs filled with crushed corn cobb. They're huge, but weigh about 2# each. It's a perfect thing for the inside of your bag.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 10:07:19 PM EDT
[#6]
THANK YOU ALL......, I'll look at the beanie baby plastic BB like walmart craft stuff,.....----->any Idea where to get the "KrushedCorncob" like stuff in a city enviroment, that stuff sounds good both weight wise and aas a "stuffinglike" substance? ....or just make my own over the summer w/the cobs?
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 5:01:21 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
any Idea where to get the "KrushedCorncob" like stuff in a city enviromentsummer w/the cobs?

Check you local gun shop. If they sell reloading stuff. Ask them for Corn Cob Media. Its for polishing brass. Or you can get it from www.Midwayusa.com or dillonprecision.com
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 5:36:33 AM EDT
[#8]
[Lurch] You rang? [/Lurch]

--LS
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 6:59:58 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
...any Idea where to get the "KrushedCorncob" like stuff in a city enviroment, that stuff sounds good both weight wise and aas a "stuffinglike" substance? ....or just make my own over the summer w/the cobs?

Pet stores sell it for the bottom of bird cages. Check the local pet store.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 8:41:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for all the help guys, so far I got 1 bag of the plastic smaller than BB's(stuff you fill dolls with from WW) in, and next I'm going to the pet store, to get the sawdust like stuff. I think it will be a good combination. The bag is about 10"X 10" squared, its big. Hopefully it will "help" her keep her groups tighter! THANKS!
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 10:19:09 AM EDT
[#11]
I've had good luck with split peas and kitty litter.  I do like the idea of the tumbler media though.  I may have to pick up a bag or two at the next funshow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top