Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/20/2003 2:20:03 PM EDT
Any one know of a .22LR/Magnum conversion single action made in Germany?

I bought one for $80 today and it shoots good, however the barrel is not tight (it rotates left and right in the frame). I think it may be a J.P. Sauer pistol.

It has fixed SAA style sights, black plastic grips with a buffalo emblem, and 2 screws above the trigger. The barrel is marked on the left side with only "Cal 22LR" and "Germany" on the bottom. There are 3 small symbols under the cylinder on the left side.

I really like this little gun.....someone please educate me on it.

Thanks in advance,

JH94

I want to restore this little gun and would like to know who
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 10:31:44 PM EDT
According to the Blue Book, JP Sauer never made a revolver. They made long guns & a few semis but no revolver.

There's a couple of cheap German revolvers in .22, I've got one, it's a Rohm. Blue Book says they're too cheap to even list. Chances are this is what you have.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 5:02:25 AM EDT
Bob,

Thanks. I found some info on it from Marstar in Canada. It turns out they were marketed under alot of various names. They are cheap.....but it shoots rather well. I gave it to my daughter, and we shot it most of the afternoon (she is only 5!!!).

I plan to re-blue it with cold blue and tighten up the barrel.

JH94
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 12:11:29 AM EDT
JP Sauer revolvers are name only, the actual gun was made by a German firm who sold them to several distributers including Hy Hunter, J.P.Sauer, Great Western, Etc. the quality varies widely. If its a good shooter and you have fun with it as a project gun...hell, enjoy it.
Top Top