Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2003 4:56:35 AM EDT
Anyone else see this yet? Its going to be a M1 carbine bullpup retrofit kit. It sounds like it will has some neat features. No price yet though and not yet available till they setup shop in the US. I just started reloading 30carbine, with good results. I can see I may have to reload alot more if I et one of these.

From Hezi(Isreal)aka Advanced Combat Systems Ltd
"THE HEZI SM-1 M1 CARBINE RETROFIT:
The modifications have been tested and approved by Israeli police. They were designed to enable immediate, accurate response by law enforcement officers in urban environments. We have made two types of modifications:
1. The ergonomics are superior. It is a 26" Bullpup design (30% shorter than the original, allowing for easy doorway passage and use in vehicle), able to take all modern accessories. Here are a some of the details:
(A) Built-in Picatinny rails top and bottom (for tactical accessories flashlight, bipod, modern targeting attachments, etc.)
(B) All controls are strategically placed near the trigger, including magazine release/catch, slide stopper release, safety button, and cocking handle
(C) All controls are dual-sided for left-hand or right-hand use, including switching shoulders to make best use of cover
D) Folding iron sights (with horizontal and vertical correction) to enable clear field of view for optical attachments/accessories
(E) Built-in muzzle brake
(F) Last-round slide stop
2. Improved safety and reliability. We have a firing pin safety and a more reliable ejection system and modern extractor, as well as a strengthened bolt.We believe that the result transforms the M1 carbine into a modern PDW-type
weapon. It is not merely a minor upgrade. In terms of performance - Israeli police tests concluded that you can get the first accurate shot off quicker; you can get the second and subsequent accurate shots off quicker; and you
can switch targets quicker. Also, the shorter length means you can maneuver more easily around vehicles and buildings. Finally, it's very cool-looking.
It fits quite squarely into the PDW (personal defense weapon) law enforcement category. It can also be used by civilians for defense or as a fun plinking rifle - but much shorter, faster, and more modern looking than
the M1."
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:46:02 AM EDT
[#1]
That sounds awsome! Does anyone have a pick of that, if that were avalible here I would have to think about actually getting a M-1carbine, lol.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 7:31:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Theres a pic on the cover of the Law Enforcement Product News magazine if anyone has one. I just got an email from Hezi stating that you basicaly need all the original M1 Carb. internals minus the sights and stock.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 12:21:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Does anyone know if Hezi has a web site?
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 12:54:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Lumpy. Doesn't seem wise to be the first guy to try one though based on what was said. What a shame, its a great idea.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 1:04:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Steyr is a man of his word, if he says it's crap, Id believe him.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 3:29:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, Steyr is the man, I'll take his word on it if he says they are crap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top