Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2003 9:12:40 PM EDT
Anyone have any experiene with this?  I know its generally not recommended with AR's but was curious about the Ruger. Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:42:58 PM EDT
[#1]
works fine, haven't had any problems yet with my mini or wolf ammo.

I was amazed at how dirty the gun was after 500 rounds but it kept working.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 7:50:18 PM EDT
[#2]
SOME wolf may not fire, it seems the primer strike in the mini is not up to snuff for some of the hard military type primers used in the rusky ammo.  I had a mini-30 that would not light off one in ten, with wolf, up to one out of two with some east german milsurp.  I think that you can run into extractor problems in the long run, (and I mean just a couple of thousand rounds) and the extractor has to be fitted on the mini's, definite gunsmith job at least.  I read somewhere that ruger will not sell certain parts to the public, I am not sure if the extractor is one of them.  Mini's are great little guns within their limitations, but are not as user friendly as AR's.  Good luck and good shooting.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:02:29 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks alot for the advice guys
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:37:37 AM EDT
[#4]
2000 rounds of wolf 55gr Hollow points without any misfires or malfunctions.

its amazing how fast you burn up a case of ammo with 40rd hi caps!
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 9:16:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I tried some Wolf 62 gr in my Mini 14.  I had failures to feed.  This was the first time my Mini balked at anything.  I tried a mag full in my AR 15 and had the same result.  I don't know if I had a bad lot or what, but it wouldn't shoot in either of my guns.

I have shot Wolf 45 APC with no problems, except for the mess.  It's dirty.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:42:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Ive run thousands through my minis without a hitch. A police dept. in my area uses Wolf in their minis for training and shoot lots of it. No trouble with theirs either. I am curious as to why they say Wolf is not good in ARs though, as I like the stuff for practice in my dept issue M16. (?)
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:20:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Use the search function. See the horror.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:41:34 AM EDT
[#8]
It seemed to do a pretty good job here...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=2&t=169543

Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:44:23 AM EDT
[#9]
My ruger will digest it, but it patterns like a shotgun with wolf.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top