Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2003 8:07:18 PM EDT
I saw JoeKen had a Norinco bottom eject shotgun in the latest SGN.  I was just wondering if anyone has one.

SOG has one that is a little more expensive..it is called a UNC and claims to be an exact copy of the Ithaca.

I am a fan of the other Norinco shotguns, but I do wonder why this one is so cheap......

JarHead94
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 8:34:14 PM EDT
[#1]
It's cheap because a lot of the parts don't interchange with Ithaca.  I'd say regardless of the price of the UNC, you can get a great used Ithaca in the $200-300 range.  It took some lookin' but I picked up a very nice Deerslayer Police Special (20" with long mag tube) at a gunshow in Boise last October for $350 out the door.

-hanko
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 8:35:29 PM EDT
[#2]
JarHead:

I have the 12 ga. with wooden furniture and sights.  It was about $120 or so.  It works ok, but not 100% flawless.  It likes to jam sometimes even without short stroking it, but for house defense, I trust it enough.

-White Horse
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 2:47:46 PM EDT
[#3]
www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/copy_of_copy_of_Romanian_AK_SAR_Rifles.html

This it? Model UCN 1201 12GA Pump Action Shotgun?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 4:54:50 PM EDT
[#4]
155....yeah thats the UNC I was talking about.  I don't know much about it or the other one from JoeKens

JarHead94
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 7:09:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Unfortunately I don't know much about it either. I've only seen it on that AIM page... tried to look it up on the internet but no luck in my searches. I'd like to learn more.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 12:12:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Centerfire Systems shows a bottom-ejecting shotgun in its latest catalog. It does not specify the manufacturer. For the money, it looks pretty good to me:

All steel construction
Bottom ejection
4+1 capacity
Trigger-mounted safety
Black synthetic furniture
Rifle sights
Length: 38.5"
Barrel: 18.5"
Weight: 7.3#

Part #43SHOGUN25 for $129.97

Centerfire Systems
1-800-950-1231
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top