Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2002 1:43:41 PM EDT
I just got a Colt MT6400C and the front push pin is extremely tight.  It can't be pushed out, I have to use a wooden dowel and hammer to drift it out.  It isn't so tight it can't be removed, but takes considerably more pressure than the rear pin.  Is this normal, just requires some break-in time, or is there something I can do so that tools aren't required for disassembly?
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 2:23:32 PM EDT
[#1]
How new is the rifle?
Did you lubricate it with CLP?
Is the pin tight in the upper alone or the lower alone?
Work the pin in and out for a while.
Buy a couple of pins, se if one fits better then the one you have.
Buy a new pin, take some emory cloth and sand the pin down a little bit at a time (don't do this to your upper or lower).

Link Posted: 12/26/2002 2:28:35 PM EDT
[#2]
You must not have bought a real Colt.  This would never happen to such a fine piece of equipment...  

Link Posted: 12/26/2002 2:30:38 PM EDT
[#3]
The front pin on My Bushy was a little tight but after taking the rifle apart a few times and getting some lube in there, it's allright now. Give it some time. Better tight than throwing a hotdog down a hallway.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 2:44:19 PM EDT
[#4]
USNJoe_Retired:
Its a brand new rifle.  I've worked it a little after I posted and it seems to be getting easier.  I think it just needs cleaned and lubed a little better.  

bmvjethead:
I think the problem is the same as yours, just needs to be broken in a little.

Thanks guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top