Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2002 12:20:36 PM EDT
I'm considering going through the process of obtaining a silencer for a Ruger P94 in .40 S&W. It will be about $650 for the can (includes tax & dealer cost) and another $200 for a transfer fee. Does anyone know the life expectancy on these (how many rounds) and does Gemtech rebuild them or are they throwaways?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 10:42:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Gemtech (Doc Dater) takes very good care of his products' end user. He even answers questions on the Subguns.com NFA discussion board. You cannot go wrong with Gemtech. Post there for more response from his product users.
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 10:48:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't suppress that piece of shit.  No offense, but it is.

Also, extended threaded barrels will probably be next to impossible to find for that gun.

Get a Beretta 96 if you need to have a suppressed .40.

Q(I own suppressors, not just the nick)S
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 10:55:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I already own the Ruger and it's not a piece of shit, no offense taken. Anyway, how do Gemtechs rate against other manufacturers like Sionics and Ciener?
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 11:17:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Sionics is ancient history (1970's-early '80's), anybody that owns 1 is has most likely had Gemtech or other upgrade the guts to newer technology- wipeless. I don't think Ciener has built a can for a major long time. Seems majority opimion is Ciener is old, grumpy, poor attitude and poor customer relations skills, I do not know, never dealt with the man, but he does have some really cool toys that none of us will ever own in our lifetime.
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 12:33:20 PM EDT
[#5]
The SOS is a decent can.  You might also consider an Advanced Armament, they're making some good stuff these days.  I have one of their .22 cans -
and I really like the sound.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top