Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2002 4:51:58 PM EDT
Anyone know if the S&W 1911 style pistol is out in the market yet?  Also, anyone w/ pricing info?  I've yet to see one, but a dealer at today's gun show says he's seen a couple already.  HE couldn't give me a price thoug.  TIA, ZT
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 6:29:30 PM EDT
[#1]
It's been out for a year or so. It's a Custom Shop model & priced accordingly. IIRC, it goes for around a grand. I've held them but not shot them. Not worth the money as long as they have the same holes in the slide that their standard semi's do. It looks cheezy to have that hole plugged.
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 9:53:00 PM EDT
[#2]
BobCole, I think you are thinking of the Performance Center 945.  S&W has a new model out, I think it is new for the year, that is more like the traditional 1911s.  The model name is SW1911, and I don't believe that this one is a Performance Center gun.
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 9:54:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I found some pics to compare.

M945:

SW1911

Link Posted: 12/21/2002 10:48:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I shot one of those 945s, last year. It isn't bad. Good trigger. I didn't get a chance to fire for accuracy I can't say. I don't know how it would compare against some of the equivalent Kimbers though.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 5:28:12 AM EDT
[#5]
The M1911 is the model I was referring to.  I'm like agree w/ Bob on the 945.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 5:41:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I got to fondle one last week when the S&W rep brought one into the local sporting goods store. It looked and felt well made. It`s a production gun. It had good balance and trigger pull. The mags they make for it could be real competition for Wilson if they price them right. The rep wasn`t real friendly with me though. You know,the public he`s trying to sell product to.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 10:47:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
BobCole, I think you are thinking of the Performance Center 945.  S&W has a new model out, I think it is new for the year, that is more like the traditional 1911s.  The model name is SW1911, and I don't believe that this one is a Performance Center gun.

Yes, indeed I was. I stand firmly corrected!

I wonder what will now happen to the 945? Too expensive to make & sell now?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top