Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2002 3:15:01 PM EDT
Hi,

I was told there are some Model A carbines out there without the "Model A" designation on the side.  Has anyone seen one?  
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 3:37:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 3:55:14 PM EDT
[#2]
what do you want it for?
just kidding! i use mine purely to make a lot of noise and a big mess with 9mm brass.
are we talking semi-auto carbine here? or full-auto?
if your going full-auto, get a vector before it's too late. it's a model A. all the transferable model B's are conversions IIRC.

no pics, but anyway, the easiest way to tell is of course the sights. model A has all of the elevation and windage adjustments on the front sight- utilizing an offset post and a special tool to make the adjustments.
the model B has sights that resemble m16a1 sights- adjustable with detents. model B also has some minor changes to make it harder to convert to full-auto IIRC. if there original guns, the model will be marked on the reciever.

oh, now i see you want a carbine.
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 4:30:12 PM EDT
[#3]
IIRC the major difference is outside the ears.
on the right side there will be a large wheel with detents to adjust for windage that the mod. A lacks entirely.
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 4:39:01 PM EDT
[#4]
i search for uzi images for you and i find this:

the internet. what a place, huh?

mod.A

a mini, but it has the mod.B type rear sight.

good luck, and enjoy your toy.
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 8:37:47 PM EDT
[#5]
The model B was an upgrade done to compensate for inadequate model A sites.  A sites were from the SMG and set for the 10.25" barrel, they were never correct for the 16" barrel in the US.

In my opinion the B is a better gun.

B model will have a windage adjustable rear site. the A model will be fixed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top