Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/19/2002 4:48:27 PM EDT
At the request of another member I logged into PACER and checked on the status of Professional Ordnance, Inc.

Filed Chapter 13 BK on 01/23/2002, dismissed 02/25/2002 for failing to file required documents.

Filed Chapter 11 BK on 09/06/2002.

The case number for both BKs filed in Arizona is 02-01167.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 5:12:49 PM EDT
*shrug*

What will I do now with my nib rifle.. :(

I just hope it doesn't have the issues others have had when I get around to firing it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 5:21:46 PM EDT
hmmmmm,
now when is Hesse gonna file for chapter 13?
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 9:47:14 PM EDT
too bad because their concept was not a bad one. Had their ultralight rifles been reliable they would have cornered a good portion of the ar market. But when a product has reliability problem and develops that reputation its a difficult sell especially when investing in one of these rifles costs you a grand. I hope that they manage to stay afloat or another ar company looking to build on their idea can take the business over. If we would have given up on the ar during its evolution.. well we would be missing out on the ar and ar15.com of course
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 6:48:27 AM EDT
Had they stuck with AR15 parts instead of their version it would have been a great seller.
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 10:43:11 AM EDT
I am sad to see this happen. Their product was a good idea, but they should have tested it better!

Perhaps now, I can pick up one really cheap to experiment with.
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 11:30:52 AM EDT
Unless I'm mistaken, chapter 11 is a "reorganization". It still allows them to operate (in fact, I would imagine it would require it) and it is certainly possible for them to emerge from chapter 11 just fine.

Rocko
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 7:10:16 AM EDT
I purchased a Carbon 15 model 21 in October (during our little sniper problem). I called Professional Ordnance in November to find out about some accessories. It took me some 20 phone calls to get a human being to answer. When I did, he found out that I had a Model 21, one of the first rifles they produced. He told me that I would most likely have problems as they have changed the gas block, extractor and bolt carrier in the area of the pivot pin. Of course, I had double feeds, stove pipes just like he said.
I returned it to PO for repair and they shipped it out the same day. I got it back and the gun works somewhat better. Now I just get fail to extracts and double feeds during rapid fire. Of course for the next two weeks no one would return a call or answer the phone. Then for the last month, they have a recording saying that they are closed for "two weeks" for reorganization. They just took their web page offline but I found their new one stating that the new page will be up in January. I have a Bushmaster and a Colt 9mm. I just picked up a Vmatch and dumped the Carbon. For plinking it might be OK if they actually fixed it, but for serious work, I just don't trust it. I hope they can get their act together because I truly like the concept.
Top Top