Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/18/2002 11:32:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/18/2002 11:32:57 AM EDT by medicmandan]
I saw an ad for surplused Garands in a past issue of Shotgun News (two weeks ago?) for a place down in Florida I think. You have to send them $5 for info. Offhand I can't remember the name. Anyone heard about or bought from these people?

What's a good source for Garand supplies. Clips, GI stocks, etc?
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 11:33:42 AM EDT
Ignore that ad.

www.odcmp.com
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 11:35:57 AM EDT
Agreed. From what I gather, you send $5 to the compnay down in Florida, and they send you information on the CMP.
(just making Dolomite's link hot)
www.odcmp.com
Best place for Garands, and accessories.

-Gloftoe
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 4:54:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/18/2002 4:56:36 PM EDT by faris]
This is more or less a scam that's been around for many, many years, and has been done by a number of different companies.
They usually have addresses that SOUND like they are on a military post, but they have NO connection to the DCM, the CMP, the Army, or the US government.

They will send you an information packet containing exactly the same paper work and info you get for free from the CMP.
They usually throw in some info on how to properly fill out the forms, and "pointers" on making sure you've got all the "tee's" crossed and "I's" dotted.

Not really fraud, but a rip-off.

Some good sources for Garand goodies are:
Fulton Armory
Gun Parts Corporation
William J. Ricca
Amhurst Arms
The CMP
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 10:28:02 PM EDT
Fulton Armory is one of the best places for parts. They actually sent me somewhere else for a better part once. Have to admire that.
Top Top