Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2002 11:43:37 PM EDT
I was in a pawn shop the other day and saw a "custom preban mini14 with assault features"(that is wha the $800 price tag called it). This thing had what looked like a cut up 10/22 plastic stock, a pistol grip that looked like it came off of an AR, and to top it all off it had a chinese underfolding buttstock on one end and a poorly welded on M60 flash hider on the other. I have heard of a bubbaized gun but give me a break. I couldn't help but laugh, and in case you are open minded and are thining maybe if it was done properly it wouldn't look so bad, well I couldn't tell ya, duct tape and staples would have been an engineering improvement on this things construction.

I believe in a free economy but I think that anybody who would sell this work of art should have thier pawn brokers liscense revoked on the spot. I am no Mini14 expert but that thing just could not have been safe to fire. It was easily the ugliest gun I have ever seen, and I have been to South America and seen some nasty looking abortions, but htis thing made those things look like range queens. I walked out of the store without looking at anything else, I mean if this guy wanted that much for that POS, I can only imagine what he would charge for a special operations style preban high cap tactical dream gun just like the SEALS use, the mighty SAR-1, I guess that dream gun would probably come with a mortgage in that shop. I hate to waste bandwidth but I just had to share this with someone, and my wife didn't find it amusing at all.
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 11:46:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I guess that means they wouldn't let you put it on layaway.
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 8:13:17 AM EDT
[#2]
JU88- There's a few like that here, except that they're consignment sales. The pawn and gunshops will sell anything for you..Provided they get their cut. I'm just hoping their cut of the described monstrosity will cover the optical damage the clerk/owner will have from seeing that piece every day..

Mini's, SKS's and AK's seem to be the ones chopped up most.. Although til you've seen a M-1 Garand with a "sportsterized" pseudo Weatherby look and a compass in the stock, you haven't truly seen horror.

Meplat-
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 8:35:34 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Although til you've seen a M-1 Garand with a "sportsterized" pseudo Weatherby look and a compass in the stock, you haven't truly seen horror.

Meplat-

LOL! THATS JUST SICK!
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 11:49:27 AM EDT
[#4]
~takes note

"hmm, compass in the stock, talk about a SHTF function"

lol
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 5:42:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I have some ugle guns, but this was the first time that I had seen parts from at least five totally unrelated and different caliber firearms in the same weapon, not to mention sone with all of the style that the woulds worst Bubba could muster.

Edited to add: I think that the only reason this one didn't have a compass was it would have required welding something to the underfolder.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top