Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2002 2:31:54 PM EDT
I think I already know the answer to this question,but another opinion or two cant hurt.I've come across a NIB,and it is still in the plastic wrap,a Beretta 92FS Desert Storm Special Edition,S.N. DS 00XXXX. The asking price is $700,is this a good buy.What is this pistol worth??     Thanks  Kenny    
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 6:34:52 PM EDT
[#1]
For a collectable perhaps.  A regular 92FS goes for about half that amount.

Of course, if you want to shoot the gun, I wouldn't pay that price.  Just my $0.02
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 10:07:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Terrible waste of money. It's only the rare commemorative that actually holds its value. This one ain't it. >gg<
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 10:13:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm sorry but I have to agree with Bob Cole.  Get a regular 92FS if you want to shoot, get a Bilennium if you want a rare collector's edition.  Beretta has made many, MANY "collectors editions" of Desert Storm, M9 editions, post 9-11 armed forces commemoratives (for each branch of the armed forces!  look on gunbroker,they are everywhere!), etc. and there are just too many of them for them to be worth any more money in the forseeable future, even NIB.  Generally speaking, anything that says "collectible" on it is almost never actually collectible.  This goes for guns as well as baseball cards and comic books.

If you want to spend $700 on a shooting Beretta, buy an Elite II like I'm going to (maybe, if I don't find a used FS for so cheap I can't pass it up).  The Elite II is alot of gun for $700, much improved over the FS imho, not just some fancy lettering on the side.

www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=6515003

Link Posted: 12/12/2002 5:26:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks everyone,I'm going to wait a couple of days then make him cash offer,getting close to xmas maybe he will come down on his price.My son & I are shooters not collectors,we will be shooting it if I can get it worth the $$$. I;ve looked around at some prices and have a good idea what to offer him,any thoughts on this matter? Thanks  Kenny
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 10:54:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
.My son & I are shooters not collectors,we will be shooting it if I can get it worth the $$$. I;ve looked around at some prices and have a good idea what to offer him,any thoughts on this matter? Thanks  Kenny

IMO the only offer to make is if it's a plain jane 92FS & he's not likely to fly for that.

May I suggest you look in Gun List newspaper?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top