Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/9/2002 8:29:54 PM EDT
I was looking at a friend of mine's Olympic Arms match AR15, which has a set trigger the other day and was wondering if anyone has a copmarative knowledge between a set trigger and a very good trigger like a Jewell? Is this trigger not the same as a 2 stage trigger? Can they be added without machining?
I've been thinking about getting a Jewell trigger for my AR, but this threw a wrench in my decision process. Any help will be appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 2:19:31 AM EDT
GO WITH A JEWELL!!!!!!!!!

I think the other trigger is simply a single stage trigger.

Tommy at GPSS has the best deals on Jewells.
(Tell him I sent you. I think he's mad at me for trying to pay him with confederate money.)
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 3:58:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/10/2002 3:59:44 AM EDT by mr_wilson]
Believe piccolo was correct, your friend has single stage trigger.

Yes, the Jewell is a 2-stage match quality trigger and they are easy to install w/ NO machining. I have one in my competition rifle, but if your just interested in using a good 2-stage for your plinker/shooter you can save some money and go w/ a Rock River Arms 2-stage, I hear guys around here have had very good luck w/ them and seem satisfied, (ie. "their much smoother and break like glass"). And while maybe not as light (around 4lbs) as a Jewell "can" be adjusted to, more practical for non-competition rifles.

Mike

Link Posted: 12/10/2002 1:21:44 PM EDT
Once-upon-a-time Oly had a set trigger option. I don't know if they still do.

These were done up by Williams Trigger Specialties. They use altered standard trigger components.
Top Top