Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/25/2002 3:49:26 PM EDT
Anyone have one of these? I have the chance to pick one up that is a great price. Only problem is that the buttstock has a one inch fracture right where the stock meets the fram on the right side. I presume form someone useing the stock as leverage to take the thing apart. Ive alwasy had ruger autos and love them. but the price on the Browning and being that it is brand new except for the stock, (Its a dealers that someone working for him cracked.) Are they worth haveing?
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 3:59:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Some of my old hunting buddies from High school(30 years ago) had um,from what I remember they were good shooting and reliable,I always wanted one...How good of price? Edit: I think that model loads thru the stock,double check to make sure nothing else got broke when the guy was breaking the stock.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 4:54:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one that originally belonged to my Grandfather. It was made in Belgium, S/N: 5T28XXX. I did a search once to check the date of manufacture, if I remember right I believe it was made around 1967. They are a great little rifle, VERY accurate and a blast to plink with. And with a twist of the barrel you can remove it for cleaning. Taken apart, I can stuff it in my range bag and walk right out to the car for a day of plinking.

If the price is right, get it!
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 5:22:51 PM EDT
[#3]
sorry forgot to add the price. I can get it for 214. plus tax and dros of course. I see that a new butt stock is about 170 from gun parts corp and Brownells. Im pretty sure its only a cosmetic fracture. I think if I remove it I could glue it and clamp it and I doubt one could notice. I might just do that
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 7:17:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Cracking the stock is very common if the takedown feature is overtightened. My Dad has had one since about 1960. They shoot well, but they're not a favorite of mine. Having the empties deposited on your arm or down your sleeve is aggravating to me. Brand-new, they can be had for about $350.
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 7:50:56 PM EDT
[#5]
$214 is a steal - grab it and run.

These are great rifles.  Burris manfactures a scope base if you are interested.
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 6:51:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Shot one about 30 years ago. All I remember is how nicely finished it was and it had great balance...Sorta like my HP Practical!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 8:00:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Good gun, sounds like a deal to me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top