Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/14/2002 8:47:29 PM EDT
I was watching one of those shooting shows the other day, and they showed a cleaning solution which features a bucket full of cleaning solution which you can just dunk Glocks and HK's in. Total immersion; it cleans and lubricates all in one dunking. Does anybody know what the name of this stuff is and where I can get it? Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 8:52:36 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 9:47:36 PM EDT
I've removed the grips and dunked my East German Makarov in a coffee can full of Ed's Red.

It has acetone in the formula so I don't think I would put a plastic handgun in there.

A coffee can full of Ballistol would be kind of pricey.

A quart of Ed's Red costs about a buck.

Dennis Jenkins

Originally Posted By robar:
I was watching one of those shooting shows the other day, and they showed a cleaning solution which features a bucket full of cleaning solution which you can just dunk Glocks and HK's in. Total immersion; it cleans and lubricates all in one dunking. Does anybody know what the name of this stuff is and where I can get it? Thanks.

Link Posted: 11/14/2002 11:01:15 PM EDT
I saw the same show, here's a link to the Poly-Dunk_it site. http://shop.cylinder-slide.com/clickcartpro/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi?usr=&pg=cat&ref=4
It was on the Gun Tech portion of American Shooter a few weeks ago.

mm
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 5:41:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/15/2002 5:42:15 AM EDT by kickmyllama]
Dont know how good this stuff is but maybe you could brew your own: www.biggerhammer.net/m96/wwwboard/index.cgi?read=4471

:edited cause im cool like that.
Link Posted: 11/16/2002 8:15:30 AM EDT
the cheap (but slow) way out is to use a 50/50 mix of AT fluid and kerosene. It takes a few days on all steel, DK what it would do to Tupperware....
Link Posted: 11/16/2002 1:08:19 PM EDT
Top Top