Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/13/2002 11:15:47 AM EDT
  Just wondering if companies like Armalite, Bushmaster, etc. will allow to pre-order stuff before the sunset ends? I say this to get on a list to avoid the mad rush if the ban does sunset. Can you imagine the waiting list if you wait even a few days after the 94 AWB ends. It is only 20 months away. I have heard of waits on Armalites for 6 months or longer within the last few years.

Link Posted: 11/13/2002 11:24:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Waiting list aside, I don't know if I'd put money down on something until it's legal to own.  If a new ban is enacted, you may or may not be screwed.  Worst case scenario, a new ban also wipes out all 'ar15-type' weapons, and your favorite parts house goes bankrupt... taking your hefty deposit with them.

I think I'll just wait until 9-15-2004, then have my local smith thread my barrel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top