Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/11/2002 3:21:20 PM EDT
Trying to figure out 'what I need next'. I've had many collections over the years, but I think I'm finaly slowing down and picking up some worth-while pices, not only for TSHTF eventualities, but for just general fun at the range. Here's what I've got so far in the 'perminent' collection:

CZ-75 2nd Model in 9mm.

Police-issue stamped Stevens M.520
takedown 12-guage in trench-gun
configuration.

Mil-Spec Brno-Mauser Vz.98/22 with Weaver
K3 scope.

CUGIR SAR2 in Romanian Milspec configuration w/PSO 6x24 scope.

These are the guns I've got ready at all times to take with me and the family if we ever have to pack and run. I've ammo, accessories, spare parts, etc... for all of them.

Now I'm tossing around another purchase and so far the guns I'm looking into are: (considering a max of $600 price range)

MAK/NHM91 in 7.62x39 w/drums for a support weapon in TSHTF situations. Something I can sit on a roof top or under good cover with and be able to provide both respectable accurace and volume of fire if needed.

Polytech M14S- Something to back up the elderly "scharfshutzengewehr" I've already got in a common caliber that could also double as a GP utility rifle in times of need.

AR180- Once again, a very good value for a common caliber, durable arm. Something that I could put a simple scope on and use to compliment the SAR2.

Cobray M11/9 I have one, but its a Class IIIs and reside in Idaho with my gunsmith and my PO box. I have been thinking of a semi auto as they are simple, durable, cheap guns that provide decent accuracy and a lot of rounds in a small package.

Mongrel AR15- Once again, for under $600 I could put togather a fair weapon with a number of customizing possibilities. To be honest I am looking at it to, in times of need, slap an AR pistol upper on it and use it as a 'faux' SMG. Its cheaper than any other sub-gun sized weapon commonly avaliable, and has the most possibilities. I'd prefer a Krinkov, but with the copies here in the US running close to a grand, and parts and ammo difficult to come by, I think this might be the way to go. I'd keep it NFA compliant until TSHTF of course.

So whats the opinion? What should I go for here?

R.G.
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 3:25:19 PM EDT
HOW MUCH AMMO DO YOU HAVE? IT KINDA HELPS.
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 3:32:10 PM EDT
I have a Chinese 75-round drum that is in great condition. I bought it years ago, fired it once to make sure the guy didnt stiff me and has been sitting in the safe ever since...

trying to create funds for my Serbu .50 project right now =) and have decided to sacrifice the drum.

$99 delivered to your door
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 3:34:56 PM EDT
Um, close to 10,000rnds for the Mauser (long story, I gave a beat up old pickup with a BIG engine to a dealer who gave me his stock of Turkish 8mm), three crates for the SAR2 (1440 each? No, that isnt right, 1200 each...maybe), four cases of 'buck'n'ball for the 12-guage, four or five M60 ammo cans full of 9mm.

Ammo 'n' Accessories are under a completely different budget though, thats why I only asked about guns.
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 3:44:32 PM EDT
If you don't have an AR, then my vote goes to that. If you are very comfy with your AK, then consider getting more. I would choose a 5.56 AK over an AR-180.
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 11:57:18 AM EDT
Some things you need for your collection (and these are the 'basics' for any good collection:

-Colt/Springfield/Kimber/Wilson 1911 .45

-Springfield M1-A .308

-Benelli M1 Super-90 .12GA. (Actually the M3 is better if you can find it.)

*************BONUS POINTS TO YOUR COLLECTION*******

-Barratt .50BMG

and/or

Armalite .50BMG.

Good day and happy "collecting"

Top Top