Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/8/2002 3:54:34 PM EDT
I have the chance to pick up a colt ar-15 sporter 11 made in 1985. It comes with the
original box, (green label) book,mags, cleaning
rod and brushes, and paper tube in barrel.Seller
claims it is unfired, but this is hard to tell.
I was just wondering what one should expect to pay for it
Link Posted: 11/8/2002 4:22:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/8/2002 5:35:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I would expect its worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.  Given the current uncertainty of the political landscape it is currently worth about $1500 as Kevin stated.  Now here's the rub.  In two years the AWB may sunset, in which case it will be worth about $800 or it may be renewed in which case it may be worth $2000 or more.  In either case its value will change dramatically.  It is therefore a gamble that reminds me of buying Enron stock 3 years ago.  My simple advice is if you are buying for value, take your best guess.  If buying as a shooter, get a post ban rifle.
Link Posted: 11/8/2002 8:29:51 PM EDT
[#3]
As above, buy a post ban it will soon likely be a "preban."  I really like Armalite quality, Bushmaster selection and Colt....well, the name says it all.
Link Posted: 11/8/2002 8:43:17 PM EDT
[#4]
The 1500.00 price seems about right...I'm selling my PreBan Sporter for 1400.00. 250 rounds thru it.  

Mine has  a Harris bipod mount on the front, monopod on the rear which added 75 bucks to the selling price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top