Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2002 8:46:52 AM EDT
Does any of my active/reserve duty brethren have access to a new one? I only have mine that I saved from my month of competition at Puuloa in Hawaii.

I would be willing to buy one, or better yet I would prefer if one ya'll can "recon" me a new one from your next qualification date.

Thanks,

Jarhead94
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 10:26:50 AM EDT
rare as hens teeth. even on qual days my unit barely has enough. we got a guy going to the PMI course and i already asked him to see if he could "aquire" some for me. i had the intent of making them available to AR15.com's gyrene members on a first come first serve basis. i could get 5 or i could get 100, who knows. but when i get them ill run a thread and a self addressed stamped envelope gets you one free. (big envelope, 2 or 3 stamps)
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 11:05:29 AM EDT
Let me be next in line behind Jarhead to get a range data book. I still have my old one from the Island, but I would never actually take it to the range- it's a keepsake. I always liked the sketches and cheesy pictures- they are still good shooting tools.

I would like one, two if you can spare it. I appreciate you thinking of other Jarheads here on the board- tell your buddy "good luck" with his recon mission.

Please email me when you get some "in stock."

Semper Fi

Link Posted: 11/4/2002 1:47:46 PM EDT
I found this on the web.

http://www.jarheadtop.com/books.shtml

"Jim Owens Data Book" Some of the features are Eight Sets of Wind Charts, A Wind Speed Estimating Guide, More than Twice the # of pages., Larger plotting areas, All Scoring rings are Proportional, Jim Owens "Amended" grid lines, Twin plotting bulls for rapid fire, A "Gun Round Count" page, A Check list for items to bring to the range, A chart detailing the scores needed for each classification, A chart giving the dimensions of the scoring rings, A chart describing the scoring system, A guide for normal come-ups from 100 to 1,000 yards in 100 yard increments, A chart explaining the "9-Yes, 9-No" problems. This data book is more than a $60.00 value.

$14.95 plus $4.00 S&H
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 1:50:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JarHead94:
Does any of my active/reserve duty brethren have access to a new one? I only have mine that I saved from my month of competition at Puuloa in Hawaii.

I would be willing to buy one, or better yet I would prefer if one ya'll can "recon" me a new one from your next qualification date.

Thanks,

Jarhead94

When do you need them I might be able to get some from my BN Training-O
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 6:56:46 PM EDT
Jarhead,

I don't have a "no shit" USMC data book, however, I do have one that someone basically stole and re-printed using the same info and shot calling pages. Having been a Jarhead myself, when I first saw it, I thought it looked rather familiar. Anyway, I have one for you. Drop an IM Mail message with your info and I'll send it out.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 12:08:27 PM EDT
I got several of them, but it takes 3 or so weeks to get them via mail from here, PM me if you still need them.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 1:54:30 PM EDT
I will ask my son. He is at Lejuene now. RH
Top Top