Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2002 6:26:01 PM EDT
Anyone ever use the OTAL (Offset Tactical Aiming Laser) by Laser Devices Inc.? I've got a little extra money on hand from a recent sale and was considering one for my M4. I use an Aimpoint and 1" tactical light on a Knight's RAS and A.R.M.S. SWAN Sleeve with M68 mount. I don't think I'ed mount it but I would sight it in and carry it in my fanny pack as a back up.

Ideas? Thoughts? Comments?

DoorKicker6
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 1:52:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Visable lasers are good for when you cant use your primary optic because there is something on your face (gasmask).  What gasmask do you have?  Dont have one?  Dont need a laser.  After you get one (I like MCU2) then Laser Devices make excellent laser products and have good customer service.  Your choice is an excellent one for use with a gasmask.  I would not buy it to put in a fanny pack as a backup though.  Mount it and leave it mounted until you get night vision and need the space for an IR aiming unit.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 7:59:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Yea, we've use our gas mask before but my primary job is on a bolt gun. I have recently gotten back into helping as a close support marksman and even on entry again. The mask we have is an MSA with the moveable filter to eather side for right or left handed shooters. Its a nice mask but I dont know the mod #. As for night vision, all I've ever used is my hand held type scope. We (the sniper unit) are the ones who use NVG. We only use it for surveillance and intel gathering prior to and after a raid. The entry team aka "knuckle draggers" (and I say that with total respect for my brothers) tend to light everything up when its their turn.

I'd really like to talk to anyone who has actually used, seen, drouled on, or played with one of these things.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top