Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2002 11:33:48 PM EDT
I was offered a Steyr SSG PIIK with set triggers and 10X Hensoldt scope for a Pre-Ban 24" A2 Bushmaster.

Steyr

I have a Pre-Ban M4gery.

Do I dare?

Link Posted: 11/2/2002 1:05:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like you are asking someone else to make up your mind for you,do you need a bolt gun?

Just a thought but what are Bushys going to be worth when every body that thought about buying an AR before the Beltway Shooter !

Bushys are no more accurate than any other AR but were brought to world prominence with this dastardly shootings!      Bolt guns will remain the same but ARs will either go up or be hard to get or get banned!

But if you feel like steak then a pork-chop just won't do!

So if you like,and don't have one yet,and just have to have a bolt gun then well!

The ball is in your court I don't think anybody would say do this or that!

Bob  
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 9:27:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I am really making myself nuts over this. This is what I know:

1. They are not making Pre-Ban AR's.

2. I am hung up on the set triggers.  I have encountered few centerfire rifles that have them.  I think my count is 2, this Steyr and a custom Mauser 98.

I think I will try to buy the Steyr and have both steak and pork-chops.

Link Posted: 11/2/2002 5:49:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Hanz,

You sound like a man who knows a quality rifle when you see it.  The Steyr is a class act with its parkerized hammer forged barrel, rotary magazine and of course double set triggers.

This thing sounds like the ultimate pork chop!

tomcat
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 5:58:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Keep the Bushy dude, even top of the line bolt guns are still readily available. Just my .02

Link Posted: 11/2/2002 6:16:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Hanz,

Looked at the link you provided.  I think that Steyr lost its factory and will not be making anymore for what its worth.  

The gun shown in your link is a Steyr PIIK police package.  GSI had it out quite a while ago, I think the rings are matched to the gun with the same serial numbers.  

Sure does sound like a nice piece of hardware.
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 7:10:24 PM EDT
[#6]
No one is banning any ARs.  It's all paranoid scare talk to drive up prices.

If you have one pre-ban already, how many do you need?  You can only shoot one at a time.  Are you a merc or going to be travelling in Afghanistan or Indonesia?  Just get a bunch of spare parts and be happy.

The Steyr will be much more fun if accuracy is your gig.  Plus,  you are getting the better $$$ deal.  

I say let that fool have his pre-ban and you can laugh all the way to the 300 yard line...and beyond.
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 5:14:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Hanz,

Did you ever trade for that wonderful rifle?

Link Posted: 11/24/2002 6:16:49 AM EDT
[#8]
"The 20 inch heavy hammer forged barrel is permanently fused to the receiver during the manufacturing process."

Shoot out barrel.....throw away rifle. What a great idea.

Buy a Rem 40x if you want the real deal.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top