Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2002 11:33:35 AM EDT
Building my first flatop M4gery. Mounted the GG&G rear flipup sight today. Seems with the taller M4 handguard an Eotech would have to sit back to not run into the hanguard. Would I need to mount a GG&G Fire Rail GS-1 with the flip up sight mounted on the rail as well?

Seems you would want the MAD sight and Eotech at the same height to still use the iron sights. I know for the Aimpoint you want the MAD sight mounted lower than the Aimpoint for use of the iron sights.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 3:10:53 PM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 8:18:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Cmone, how about some advice?

I am lonely
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 9:21:25 PM EDT
[#3]
A fellow officer is running his AR15 in the way you described.  He has had no problems with his, I run a similar setup but use the A2 style backup iron sight from GG&G.  

I can't see where this would be a problem for you.  Neither of us use the firerail setup.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 10:40:35 PM EDT
[#4]
With an EOTech you wouldn't need any additional rail to have the optic co-witness with you back up iron.  for your set up, the EOTech is fine on the receiver, which is where EOTech is designed for. and with the Optic on your flat top rail, your MAD should pop up right in the middle of the window and line up with your front post.  

Hope this helps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top