Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2002 9:40:55 AM EDT
About a month or so ago, my fiance and I ran into some financial problems due to some unforseen medical expenses.  We scraped and scraped to get all of the bills paid off without going into debt.  I sold a Wilson Combat Protector, a Kimber Target Eclipse II, a Trijicon Reflex II, etc., etc.  Well now that we are back in the black and had a few dollars, my bride to be said, "Why don't you go get yourself a new gun to replace one of the guns you sold?"  Of course I took that as the opportunity to rebuild the arsenal.  I've got a 20" Colt MT6700 and have been dying to get myself an M4gery of some sorts.  After reading about all of the happy Rock River Arms customers on this board, I decided I was going to get the RRA.  I pondered getting an RRA M4 Entry Tactical, but that stock is just too damned short.  I thought about getting the CAR UTE, but I wanted a flattop.  Well, lo and behold I found a dealer in Atlanta that had an M4 Tactical Entry in stock as well as the CAR UTE A2.  The M4 Tactical Entry was $799 and the CAR UTE was $779.  We talked for a few minutes and I told him I wanted the M4, but I did not like that short stock.  He said, "Well hell, I'm here to make you happy.  How about we put the upper from the M4 onto the lower of the CAR UTE.  Isn't that what you want anyways?"  I told him that was absolutely what I wanted.  He asked me would I mind paying an extra $15 since he was breaking up 2 rifles.  I said, "No problem at all!"  In a nutshell, I ended up getting the complete rifle the way I wanted it for $815 out the door.

The shop that did this for me is:

THE GUN SHOP  
4771 BRITT RD NW
NORCROSS , GA  
(770) 908-2425

Link Posted: 11/1/2002 9:43:18 AM EDT
[#1]
You've put him on this board. Hope you remember him, also. Well worth the extra business, no doubt.
When I look at my local gun shop operators, I know they aren't getting rich for all their hours behind the counter. Yeah, prices online may be a little cheaper, but these fellows are there when I need them. If I don't give them most of my business, someday, they might not be there. Support your local gunshop, too.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 9:54:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Good deal.  Beats the wait you would have had if you ordered the rifle "your way" through the dealer from RRA.  RRA will make the gun the way you want, you just have to wait a while.  That's one of the good things that come from this small company.

Now if they would just hire someone to answer emails, advertise and have someone available to answer questions on this site......life would be real good!
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 11:32:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Next time I bump into the RRA sales rep I know, I will discuss some of these things with him.
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 7:29:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey BigDawg

Could you repeat the last part, about the good customer service?  I quit listening right after you said ""My fiancee said,"Why don't you go get yourself a new gun to replace one of the guns you sold?""  Where did you find such a wonderful woman, and does she have a sister that she could send my way ??   :-)  Sounds like you got a pretty good deal on both....the woman and the gun !!
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 7:43:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Lazy,
I think RRA has been back doing e-mails for a couple months.
OLDTiger (did I mention he's OLD?):  I bet we could talk to the same guy sometime Saturday at Square Shooters....
Sluggo
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 8:53:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Lazy,
I think RRA has been back doing e-mails for a couple months.
Sluggo

That's good to hear.  I hope they someday become a sponsor of this site and I see them in the industry forums.  I think their forum would be quite busy.  I suppose they can easily sell every rifle and pistol they make now, but the same is true with slightly bigger companies like Armalite.  Rock River seems, like Bushmaster, to be willing to do it "your way" and I like that!  Just wish Armalite would make an M4 look-a-like too.

Link Posted: 11/15/2002 2:40:21 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Just wish Armalite would make an M4 look-a-like too.

I just wish Armalite would make the parts I ordered in Jan.
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 10:18:33 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
[  I hope they someday become a sponsor of this site and I see them in the industry forums.  

I really doubt it.. from what I remember they really dropped the ball with the rifles for the first BRC... I belive Armalite stepped in at the last minute and picked up thier slack..

Link Posted: 11/15/2002 11:11:47 AM EDT
[#9]
I imagine I might run into that RRA fellow on Saturday like Sluggo says. I am old but not as old as he wants to make me out to be. Shoot they have fellas coming into that gun shop that were in their 20's when I was born.
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 11:28:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Know exactly the shop you're talking about.  Good to hear something good about them since I live only about 10 minutes away from there. They're where Bernie's used to be, and about the only non Mexican oriented business left in that shopping center.  Will check em out next time I'm shopping.
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 11:35:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Awesome!  There are so few really good dealers out there anymore... I'm glad to see that taking care of his customers was his first priority!
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 2:46:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Along these lines, does this seem like a good idea.
An area here for gunshop/gunsmith references.
Might help some others especially newbies.

Link Posted: 11/16/2002 11:49:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Cluster,
I think you probably will see some sort of presence here from RRA.
BTW...and I'm not trying to flame anyone, but the only side of the story you ever heard about the rifles from the BRC was Castle's. I think there might be another story that goes with it but hasn't been told here.
And back to the original thread...great customer service is what distinguishes the good dealers from the guys who just want your bucks.
Sluggo
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top