Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2002 6:47:35 AM EDT
Are there any good/great gunsmiths in the Alabama area that can work on an AR15.  Nothing under the ole shadetree, I could do that. I am looking for someone to give my rifle a once over and considering changes to barrel, brake, etc.

Thanks,

John
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 6:59:40 AM EDT
[#1]
www.tacarms.net

You may want to give this guy a call, he's in Huntsville...

I have done FFL business with this guy, seems to be a really good guy, a former Marine...

Link Posted: 10/30/2002 8:44:28 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
www.tacarms.net

You may want to give this guy a call, he's in Huntsville...

I have done FFL business with this guy, seems to be a really good guy, a former Marine...

I second Scott at Tacarms.  He's done the transfer on both of my AR15.com LEGP rifles and did some trigger work for me on the first one.  Great guy.

Chris
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 12:16:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks,  will give him a call today and see if he can take a look at the AR.  I appreciate your help.

John
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 9:00:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Good one in Tuscaloosa but he realy likes M1 and M14 accurate jobs.
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 4:27:22 AM EDT
[#5]
How close are you to Gadsden?  My shop is in Attalla, and I'd be glad to take a look at it.  Barrel swaps, thread for brakes, class 3 repair, you name it.

Balming

1-877-726-4345

ask for Dan
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 10:23:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Dan,
Any estimate on cutting a 16" Colt M4 barrel down to 14.5" and rethreading? Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 1:21:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Steve Stoyanoff at SAS Armory in Huntsville does great work on ARs, FALs, others.

Email is [email protected]
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 9:25:39 AM EDT
[#8]
He put an M4 upper together for me.  That said he tried to tell me it had excessive headspace, but he used SAMMI guage for the check.  The mil guage and the SAMMI guage are not the same.  Had to sign a release to get him to give it back assembled.  Absoutely no problems with mil surp ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top