Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2002 8:02:16 AM EDT
I was wanting to change the trigger in my M4orgery and was wondering what options would be best.  I plan to use this rifle as a close quarter deer gun in the woods but was concerned of going to a 2 stage trigger for defensive purposes.  What single stage triggers are available?  I know JT distributing has a single that's around 3 lbs but that seems a little light for most purposes.  The trigger now is horrible as its heavy and doesn't break with any consistency.  This is a RRA lower.  I look forward to your comments/suggestions.
Thanks
Bill3508  
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 9:36:59 AM EDT
[#1]
i have a rra 2 stage and a jp enterprise single stage.  I would suggest the jp.  it removes all creep nice break and is at a good price.  around 125.  the rra 2 stage is pretty sweet. the first stage is a 2 1/2 lb pull. last is a 4.  breaks like a glass rod.  it is not like the jewel.  check out john from http://www.home-land-defence.com/   he has great prices on them.  on my m4orgery i have the jp. love it!!!

good luck
lojack
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 10:36:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Go with a single stage like JP for hunting/defense.  Two-stage triggers excel in precision shooting applications.  On JP's the release weight can be adjusted as can overtravel.  I have three JP's in AR's and am satisfied with them.
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 11:33:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the recommendations.  I'm going to look into the JP single and see how it does.  I had considered the RRA 2-stage because it had a great rep, but I was worried about it on more rugged use AR.

Bill3508
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top