Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/29/2002 8:02:16 AM EDT
I was wanting to change the trigger in my M4orgery and was wondering what options would be best. I plan to use this rifle as a close quarter deer gun in the woods but was concerned of going to a 2 stage trigger for defensive purposes. What single stage triggers are available? I know JT distributing has a single that's around 3 lbs but that seems a little light for most purposes. The trigger now is horrible as its heavy and doesn't break with any consistency. This is a RRA lower. I look forward to your comments/suggestions.
Thanks
Bill3508
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 9:36:59 AM EDT
i have a rra 2 stage and a jp enterprise single stage. I would suggest the jp. it removes all creep nice break and is at a good price. around 125. the rra 2 stage is pretty sweet. the first stage is a 2 1/2 lb pull. last is a 4. breaks like a glass rod. it is not like the jewel. check out john from http://www.home-land-defence.com/ he has great prices on them. on my m4orgery i have the jp. love it!!!

good luck
lojack
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 10:36:45 AM EDT
Go with a single stage like JP for hunting/defense. Two-stage triggers excel in precision shooting applications. On JP's the release weight can be adjusted as can overtravel. I have three JP's in AR's and am satisfied with them.
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 11:33:11 AM EDT
Thanks for the recommendations. I'm going to look into the JP single and see how it does. I had considered the RRA 2-stage because it had a great rep, but I was worried about it on more rugged use AR.

Bill3508
Top Top