Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2002 8:35:55 AM EDT
A week or so ago I posted a thread about the new taurus stellar tracker in 45 acp as a carry gun.  
I went to the indy 1500 gun show this weekend.  There were several trackesr there (in 4 and 6 inch barrels).  i played with them a bit and a few things came to mind...the cylinder on the revolver is too long.  When I hand load i try and stretch my bullets out so that there in minimal jump between the bullet and forcing cone on the barrel.  There would be at least a 1/4 inch jump with standard 230 hard ball ammo.  This gun would be sweet if it were rechambered in 45 super or 460 rowland, but not just that acp.  
the frame is way to big.  I read that it was suppost to be a medium framed revolver, but I don't buy it.  this gun is just to big for preactical ccw in my opinion.  athough at $380 the price was right.  

I did fondle a very nice smith and wesson.  I didn't get the model (i knwo stupid, but I was looking for other things and had too much on my mind).  the smith revolver closesly resembled one of those scandium 360 kit guns in 357.  

so how many have experience with the 360 kit gun?  what i liked about this gun i saw.  3" barrel, and it was on a small frame.  fit my hand very nicely.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 5:37:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I prefer the small frame Colts, the Detective Special, Diamondback, Cobra, Police Positive to the J frame Smiths. I just find them much easier to controll.
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 8:31:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a S&W 640 in .357 that I like alot.  

I prefer the all steel J frames over any of the lightweight materials.  Even with .38 Special +P's the recoil is substantial and going with a ultralight gun just makes it worse.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top