Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/28/2002 12:34:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/28/2002 12:37:48 AM EDT by GeorgiaCop]
Saw this on Gunbroker. It looked interesting. Anybody got one? I read about these on Biggerhammer. Might consider bidding.
www.gunbroker.com It's item number 5850491.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 5:52:31 AM EDT
Good Luck finding parts! It is nice but best off as a safe queen or very occassional shooter. I have a couple reviews of it done in the 80s when into'ed. You could switch it between right and left handed operation.
SorryOciffer
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 6:59:10 AM EDT
I checked them out when the first came out. They were interesting, but nothing worth writing home about. They were no where near the quality of a Belgian FAL or a German HK, and that's pretty much all there was to go up against at the time. I suppose you could count the M-1A, but the end result was the HAC-7s that I handled were just not quite "there" compared to the others.

There were some QC issues, but I don't remember what. I suppose that's not unusual for a first effort on a private funded gun. The mag was an original AR-10 waffle mag (they were $5 each then) that you had to cut a notch in the back for the mag catch. They didn't bother to refinish the notch, just a bare aluminum cut. The mags now are about $85 a piece because the SR-25 came out and used them.

This is an unfired example supposedly. If you fire it, you'll take a beating in value. It will be hard to liquidate in any event. It's definately advanced collector stuff. If that's what you're into, it's definately up that alley. I don't think the value is going to climb very fast on these though. Value will go up to be sure, but just as fast as any pre-ban.

Ross
Top Top